What we offer
- Opportunity to accelerate the pace of digitalisation & e-commerce growth through advanced technology, business intelligence and analytics
- Driving high-impact insights enhancing decision making across the entire organisation
- Driving brand equity and digital sales through enhanced digital experiences
- Interaction with senior business and e-commerce leaders on regular basis to drive their business towards impactful change
- Become part of a fast growing international and diverse team
Who we are
We are Metyis. We are a dynamic and forward-thinking consultancy firm that operates across a wide range of industries, creating solutions that are tailored to specific needs. We bring long-lasting impact and growth to our partners and clients.
With our multidisciplinary teams we create bold strategies and innovative solutions that are tailored to our client’s needs and help them capitalizing opportunities. Together we strive to bring long-lasting impact and celebrate collective victories.
At Metyis we share an entrepreneurial mindset, a compelling passion to create, and, more importantly, a firm belief in our partnership-driven business model. This is embedded in our culture and safeguarded as we evolve. Our team counts over 450 ambitious professionals with various backgrounds, spread over several continents. Our work environment unifies creative problem-solving and strategic thinking. We provide resources to visionaries who understand the direction that the world is moving. Tomorrow’s world is data-driven. It is digital. It is international.
Become part of the journey, become part of Metyis. Partners for impact.
What you will do
- Data Engineers identify data ingestion opportunities that unlock insights, extract it and organize it in a way that’s widely available, scalable and that answers any critical use case. You will also team up with data scientists to ensure a constant feed of fresh data into machine learning models and support on the organisation of any performance related metrics and data
- Support our clients in executing their Big Data strategies by designing and building reusable components, frameworks and libraries at scale to support analytics products
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across several platforms including data warehouses, data lakes, operational systems, online services and real-time systems
- Anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality
- Organise and lead sharing sessions with peers, customers and functional partners and contribute to evangelising data engineering practices
- Guide and mentor new team members
- Collaborate closely with partners, strategy consultants and data scientists in a flat and agile organisation where personal initiative is highly valued
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience in software development and practices with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Java or C#).
- Proven experience in SQL.
- Proven experience analyzing and modelling data to discover opportunities and address gaps.
- Proven experience in building data pipelines within data ingestion projects using data flows management platforms (e.g. Airflow, Microsoft SSIS, Google Cloud Composer, AWS Step Functions, Azure Data Factory).
- Ability to work in the English language with strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience with cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud Platform or AWS Webservices)
- Proven experience querying massive datasets using Spark, Presto, Hive, Impala, etc.
- Proven experience with more than one coding language.
- Proven experience with designing and implementing real-time pipelines.
- Proven experience with SQL performance tuning and E2E process optimization.
- Proven experience with anomaly/outlier detection.
- Proven experience with notebook-based Data Science workflow.
- Proven experience to travel for business meetings, as required.